Sat, Mar 23|
Rusk Christian Reformed Church
Abundant Life Family Gathering
Gather with us to worship God and grow in Christ! Learn the value of preborn children and the importance of defending them. Receive help and healing from your past to begin living a renewed life in Christ. Receive assurance of God's forgiveness and redemption if you have been through an abortion.
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2024, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Rusk Christian Reformed Church, 10354 92nd Ave, Allendale Charter Twp, MI 49401, USA
About the event
"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
Abundant Life Women's Ministries in partnership with Rusk CRC is hosting a family gathering to inspire and equip you to make disciples in Christ and help women in unplanned pregnancies.
- Have you ever considered what it would be like to be the woman who finds herself in an unplanned pregnancy?
- Do you know what you would say to her?
- Do you know what she needs to hear?
Come with your entire family to hear first-hand testimonies of two women who made the wrong choice to end the lives of their children through abortion. You will learn the devasting effects of abortion and the redeeming power of God's love.
Hear testimony from women who are serving on the sidewalk in front of the abortion clinic and the number of lives saved through their ministry.
Learn from a mom and her children how God has called and equipped them to defend life using Biblical and logical reasoning.
Why is this important? Because we need to be a voice for the voiceless and help other women not make this deadly decision.
If you want to help women in trouble choose life, an abundant life for themselves and their unborn child, come learn how to share the love she needs to hear…and the words she needs to see…
After the testimonies, we will introduce peaceful, loving, and effective outreach to the abortion-minded woman. This is one way you can fight for life and share the gospel. During this time, you will get a first-hand look at what it takes to do outreach on the sidewalk outside the abortion facility, and how to have meaningful conversations that invite transformation. We will conclude with an open forum, where our speakers will answer your questions.
A glance at the day:
We will begin the day with a brief time of worship and prayer, then hear testimonies and teachings from God's Word to build one another up in the faith and be equipped for the work of the ministry. Coffee and light snacks will be available.
- Welcome, introductions, and prayer 9:30-9:40
- Emma Mulder's Testimony 9:40-10:00
- Mara Petro's Testimony 10:00-10:20
- Open Forum 10:20-10:40
- Break 10:40-10:50
- Melissa Yeomans Testimony 10:50-11:10
- Melissa Dykman and her children's Testimony 11:10-11:30
- Open Forum 11:30-11:50
- Lunch 11:50-12:50
- Break out groups: 1:00-2:00
- - How to reach and minister to abortion-minded women - Melissa Yeomans
- - How to minister to post-abortive women - Mara Petro and Emma Mulder
- - How to teach your children the value of preborn children and the importance of defending them - Melissa Dykman
- Optional Q & A and prayer 2:00-2:30
There is no charge for this event. It is our gift to God's people who desire the abundant life Jesus offers and want to serve like Christ.